Monday, July 15, 2024

Hors de Combat

 I am still officially "out of action" and banned from any lifting duties or walks. I am now in a bit of a race against time, because Claymore is less than three weeks away, and myself and three friends planned to put on a large 40mm Seven years war game, featuring a raid on the French coast. This will be similar to the display we put on at Partizan a few years ago, and it is to remember our good friend Stuart Insch, who recently sadly passed away.

The game involves lifting about 10 heavy base boards and a few hundred weight of lead, so we need to decide this weekend if we go to Claymore or not. Edinburgh is a three hour drive, it involves an overnight stay, and I need to hire a van for the kit. The following week, I have booked a short trip to visit the famous bi-yearly flat figure show  at Kulmbach. We also plan a couple of days in Wurzburg, although I have failed to find any information on a potential museum for the Rot and Blau regiments which were raised for the Empire. I visited Kulmbach two years ago, and I really enjoyed the show with the variety of traders who attend, and the fantastic range of flats which are available. I always think that flats give so much inspiration to 3d figure converters, as there are so many different styles of positions. So it really is a race against time to get myself combat ready again.

Meanwhile, we had the first sunny days in months in the north of Scotland. (Moray is called "the Riviera of the north", as it has a micro climate and is largely sheltered by the Cairngorms), but there has been little "Riviera" of late. As I am excused from heavy gardening duties, I spent the afternoon assembling some figures in the garden, while Mrs H cut the grass. (I could get used to this !).




Meanwhile I am progressing well with Prussian Infantry Regiment 10, and I have finished the first three Grenadiers. I hope to have this regiment finished by the end of July if all goes well.



1 comment:

  1. Hopefully your health improves for the show Graham, should be a lovely tribute to Stuart. The weather in the north of Scotland has been pretty woeful this year, not too much of a summer, hopefully it improves!

    ReplyDelete

Claymore 2024

 On Saturday we attended the annual Claymore show in Edinburgh. There seemed to be fewer retailers than last year, possibly the timing of th...