Tuesday, July 9, 2024

No Pain, No Gain.

 Recently, I have injured the femoral nerve in my right leg. I find it manageable during daylight hours, but at night it is simply torture. The only solution is to sit up through the night, and try and grab some sleep during the day, which can be something of a drag. But on the plus side, I have not wasted the twilight hours, and it has certainly helped King Fred's recruitment campaign. I have now completed the first 20 figures for IR10 von Knobloch which are shown below.

Still some way to go, but it is a striking uniform, particularly the yellow waistcoat and breeches. I am targeting to finish this unit by the end of July, but even with my night time grafting, I am only averaging about four figures per day. I have nothing but respect for our professional painters who can churn out large units which are consistently of a very high standard.






2 comments:

  1. Very nice, cracking uniform, looks great. They will be stunning when done, I too can only imagine churning out painted minis like the pros, full of respect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully painted figures, four figures a day works out at one hundred and twenty a month.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete

Claymore 2024

 On Saturday we attended the annual Claymore show in Edinburgh. There seemed to be fewer retailers than last year, possibly the timing of th...