Friday, December 20, 2019

A tale of two painters

I spotted the work of a professional painter at a recent show I visited, and I asked him to do some "test" figures for me.
They have arrived today ... and I am not sure. The style is very dark and realistic, in comparison with the rest of my collection, which uses brighter more vibrant colours almost "toy soldier" style.
I have taken a photograph of three samples of each to do a comparison. I think that I prefer my current style, rather than the duller finish. What do you prefer ?


4 comments:

  1. I prefer the brighter 'toy soldier style'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the brighter style, the colours are more vibrant.
    Duller colours work for WW2 but not for 18th century.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...