Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Les Higgins - Part 2

Painted up 8 x 20mm figures and mounted them on a 45mm x 50mm base. There is still room for an officer and NCO at the rear to give a 10 figure base. Marlborough's regiments tended to have 13 companies including one of grenadiers. I am allowing for 4 figures per company giving a total of 52 rifles.  6 bases of 8 rifles, NCO & officer, 1 base of 4 rifles, 2 drummers, 2 ensigns. This should make a total of 68 figures per regiment, plus a mounted colonel. I still have to research the use of btn guns, and whether the British converged their grenadier companies at this time. Any information would be appreciated, as I may change the regimental strength when i have more info.
The 8 figures took a couple of hours to paint up. I will probably complete a full regiment to see how it looks, before deciding whether to proceed with this project.
I do like the sculpts. Very fine detail, and anatomically they look right.





1 comment:

  1. Those figures are beautiful, Les Higgins figures were some of the first wargame figures I ever saw.
    Are they still available to buy, if they are I sense an other project coming on.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...