Thursday, November 7, 2019

Grenadiers de France

The first four bases and command figure for the Grenadiers de France were completed today.
This was a big unit, and I will represent it with a 48 man unit plus command. (12 bases).
Purists will probably ay with good reason that the bearskins are too tall, and they will probably be correct, but I like them and it makes this unit distinctive. I wonder if they had btn guns, and if the gunners wore bearskins ? Would make a nice piece methinks !

To the best of my knowledge this regiment had no colonel company therefore no colonel colours.
I have therefore asked Mark to paint the ordonnance colour, and a superb job he had made of it.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely looking figures going to be very impressive when completed

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...