Tuesday, November 5, 2019

40mm 18th century sailors

The research that I have done into 18th century naval uniforms would indicate that anything goes for the crew. I want "working" figures to man my boats, and leave the action figurines to the marines. With this in mind, I wanted to avoid using the pirate style figurines which are on the market.
Having a free hand at the uniforms is a converters dream, so I have hacked bits here added some milliput there, to produce my first half dozen or so figures. I think that 40mm works ok with the scale of the ships, (28mm is a dream !).  I think that each ship can sustain a crew of about 20 sailors and maybe 10 marines. That is my plan.

So here are the first few finished sailors




1 comment:

  1. Nicely done these are going to look so good on the table

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...