Monday, August 26, 2019

KR18 Modena Cuirassier Regiment joins the Austrian forces

I have not posted for some time. Not that I have been neglecting the hobby, but rather I have been completing a couple of regiments. The Austrian cuirassiers are now complete, the Swiss Guards will be finished by the end of the week, a big 12 based regiment this one.

The Modena Cuirassiers are an attractive regiment who were unique in having blue facings and horse furniture. The saddlecloth pattern is particularly attractive. A nice contrast to the other cuirassier regiments.







Next I hope to turn my hand to some new Austrian 40mm masters which Graham C has kindly sent me. I have purchased some silicone moulds, which should be gentler when moulding these resin computer printed figures. They are absolute beauties and I look forward to painting up a regiment.
That regiment will be IR27 Baden-Durlach. Why ? Because the light blue facings are just that little different, and they will make a nice addition to my Austrian army.

2 comments:

  1. They are a sight for sore eyes. You have gone a fine job on that's, Graham.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue facings. A nice change from red indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...