Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Guarde Suisse Regiment takes to the field

The Guarde Suisse represents my 9th completed French regiment in 40mm. It has taken some time to complete as it is a 52 figure regiment, 12 bases of 4 musketeers, a command base, mounted colonel and sergeant. This configuration represents a 4 btn regiment.Very pleased with the look of this regiment, very Barry Lyndon"ish"in the photos, and it will compliment the Guardes Francais which I painted some time ago.
Next up is the Auvergne regiment, another 12 base unit, but for me it is a must have. I just love the colour of those  mauve/purple facings.




1 comment:

  1. Another excellent unit takes to the field, got to admit the Guard in the French army take some beating! ( uniform wise that is 😀)

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...