Thursday, August 8, 2019

A new direction

I recently bought some of the Warfare miniatures range of Russians and Ottomans. Now I am not really a 28mm man, but I fancied a bit of a change, and delving further back into the 18th century.
The Ottomans have not been touched yet, but I decided to create a Marlborough army using the Russians.This involved some serious barber skills, by using a scalpel to shave off the Russian moustaches. Next, off came the powder horns, and hey presto, British troops ready to paint. It has been a slow start, but after talking with Barry Hilton at Claymore, I decided to crack on and get a unit completed.
The result, with an accompanying command stand is below.


I don't know where this diversion will lead me, but I have always fancied doing a Spanish army, and the French are always tasty. Perhaps a peninsular campaign might be in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...