Friday, May 24, 2019

An ADC for Browne






Today I had some spare time and painted up my Austrian ADC. Pleased with the result, and the photograph does not do him justice.


The Austrian command sends the ADC north towards Torgau with a message to the Saxons, that an Austrian support force are on their way

Meanwhile IR8 Hildburghausen take the road northwards.



ADC's have been very topical of late, so yesterday, I decided to covert a 40mm figure to create my own version. Still a bit of work to do, but he will be painted as an Austrian with red facings as an officer of IR8 Hildburghausen. I have tried to give the figure a sense of urgency with coat tails flapping, and the rider leaning forward holding his tricorne.
It will be early next week before this chap gets painted. I am looking forward to another visit from Stuart tomorrow... The table needs cleared and some scenery set up



3 comments:

  1. That's a very nice figure, well done,going to look impressive once painted

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice conversion, Graham. I look forward to see him once he's painted

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super animation , love the painted version, well done.
    Chris
    http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...