Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Prussian IR10 von Knobloch command figures

 Today I have been basing my second Prussian Regiment, IR10 von Knobloch. Hopefully tomorrow I can share photos of the completed regiment. Below are two conversions I have made, the colonel of the regiment, and another officer with riding crop in hand. The second figure was very much influenced by the famous artwork of von Seydlitz. The horses are spares that I found in my "lead mountain". Not sure of the maker, but I was keen to use horses that were not too big, as many mounted figures can look as though they are on prize race horses. I have read in the past, that Prussian horses were not up to the quality of British or Irish bred  animals, and I am sure as the war progressed, the quality of mounts would have reduced. I think that the two horses chosen fit quite well. IR10 has a very attractive uniform with the yellow facings and the lace on the jacket, although quite demanding to paint.

Next up on the paint desk will be Austrian regiment IR4 Deutschmeister with its blue facings.








1 comment:

  1. Two very nice command figures, lovely additions to your collection.

    ReplyDelete

Claymore 2024

 On Saturday we attended the annual Claymore show in Edinburgh. There seemed to be fewer retailers than last year, possibly the timing of th...