Thursday, April 30, 2020

A new take on an old favourite

I was too young to have lead soldiers, but they have always appealed to me and this Britains Lancer officer has always been one of my favourites.
The sculpting and the position of the officer in the saddle is very good for a toy and really eye catching.
I was lucky to pick a set up quite cheaply at the British model Soldier Society show a few years ago.
It was in the same day as Salute, so I had a very enjoyable day out  in London.

I have always wanted a Seven  year’s war period figure in the style above, so yesterday I did a conversion job on a S&S Austrian officer. I will paint him today as a Hanoverian officer of IR3a Von Knesebeck. The black facings and silver lace should make a nice finish.
Hopefully I will post the finished figure tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. It is a nice pose, something different, looking forward to seeing the finished article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham, you've certainly got the converting bug I look forward to seeing this

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...