Saturday, March 28, 2020

What I am up to.

Besides my current 3D printing fest, (thinking of doing some micro scale WW2 tanks and aircraft if I can source good files), I have been finishing off some new units in 40mm and 28 mm


                 This is a Marlborough period coastal battery from Warfare Miniatures in 28mm
                   I do like Barry’s figures and these were painted up recently while in Tenerife



                                My second Hanover regiment in 40mm. IR4a Von Ledebour.
                                                     Fought at Hastenbeck,Krefeld,Minden



I do like my Hanoverian regiments. Early days, and each new project/army tends to be my favourite.
These will make good opponents for my French army which was built in 2019.


3rd Foot Guards (Scots), Marlborough period
28mm Warfare Miniatures
The Marlborough range is a slow burner with only 3 regiments completed since last year. Looking at 2030 before I have a reasonably sized collection unless i focus more on this period. Still so much 40mm 7YW to complete before then.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely work all round, but the Hanoverians are super!! They have some lovely uniforms, one of the most colourful armies of the war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie. My trip to Hastenbeck, Warburg, Coburg etc last year was the motivation for starting this army. Charles Grant had visited the battlefields earlier in the year, and he gave me some great maps and source material for the trip.

      Delete
  2. Don't know what scale of armour you are looking at but Thingiverse.com has some very nice looking groups (I've not tried printing just admiring!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that info. I will have a browse later

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...