Thursday, March 26, 2020

Vauban fort - more progress

I have now finished printing the first bastion of my Vauban fort. This was always a Wargames bucket list project for me, ever since I saw Graham C’s work with his 3D printer.
This is going to be a monster. Printed at 120 size compared to 100 for 28mm, both 28mm and 40mm figures look great as you can see from the photos.
It does take quite a time to print a piece in this scale, and I have had problems with the model coming loose from the base when printing or the head of the printer catching on the model when near completion. This can be frustrating, but I have been able to finish any problem pieces with plastic card and milliput.
With Wargamers spending so much time at home right now, I expect some splendid projects to be produced in the months ahead.




4 comments:

  1. Graham,
    Impressive indeed you will be overtaking me before long - I need more PLA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to place an order for PLA before the lock in so I have 4 reels for use. It was PLA or toilet paper, no contest

      Delete
  2. Looks fantastic Graham. Have you got a plan of the layout?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stuart, no real plan, just keep printing away until I think it looks the part or my 3D printer melts. Some of the prints take 12-16 hours so it is very much a longer term project.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...