Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Military Gentleman

After a morning painting and working on some scenics, I have spent an enjoyable hour browsing John Rays book “A Military Gentleman”. I am sure John will not mind me to showing a photograph of this fine work. No matter how often I look at the images, I always find something new, or the inspiration for a new figure. I have owned the book for some years now, but today is the first time I have every really considered the vast number of individual figures and sculpts that make up the book.
It really is an incredible piece of work and dedication and an absolute must for any enthusiast if you can pick one up.



4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Graham. My copy has paint marks as it is dangerously near my painting table. What a numpty.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had bought two copies now. My copy is beginning to come apart from too much use 1

      Delete
  2. A fabulous book, the content always inspires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, John might produce a follow up. He has hinted as much on his blog.

      Delete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...