Monday, October 21, 2019

The Wall

Not Pink Floyd, but my attempt to start making an 18th century town wall in 40mm.
Plywood is difficult to come by in the north of Scotland, so I headed to my local wood store, and bought some wood and edging. DIY has never been my thing, so assembled with some nails, covered and sculpted the brick shaps in polyfilla, then painted, washed and dry brushed.
It has turned out a bit chunky, so I may get some plywood, or go down the 3D printing route. I am talking to GC about the prospect of a Vauban fort, so watch this space !

Still thinking about purchasing one of these beauties to go with a Vauban fort. The boats are 3ft long by 2ft tall, and by my reckoning would work with 40mm figures. Now that would make some display game. Tomorrow I will make my decision. The only thing that holds me back is the bottom of the hull. It needs to be cut flat, which kills any resale value (excuse the Pun), or I cut a hole in a baseboard to sink the hull to water level.... What a dilema  but equally, what  display game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...