Sunday, October 27, 2019

A French ADC for Broglie

This weekend, as a break while completing Regiment Diesbach, I converted an ADC to add to my recently made Broglie command unit. The horse is a modified  S & S civil war piece, the figure a modified Dragoon officer. I wanted to get a sense of urgency and "moment in time" effect, hence the hat flying back from the head of the ADC, and the coat tails flapping.  I enjoy converting one -off figures as a break from regimental duty. Much of the inspiration comes from other forums, and research. This particular fellow is based on the uniform of the ADC in the Osprey, Louis XV's Army Vol 4. Ref F1.  I made the figure lean to one side on the horse, to give the impression he is just delivering or receiving an order. I am pleased with this effort, my photograph has not really done it justice, but a recent upgrade of my phone from an Iphone 5 to Iphone 8, with improved camera may help my efforts !




The ADC in action

5 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, wish you did all this work in 28mm 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! navelina.blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. Outdoor Furniture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. AR 15 Parts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article may be used by any website publisher, though this resource box must always be included in full. Apartment for rent

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...