Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Time for some Austrian reinforcements

I managed to complete my Royal Ecosse regiment ahead of time. For some reason I find French regiments quicker to paint up. Maybe there is less equipment detail, or possibly they are just tidier sculpts.

Today I have been doing some work on Austrian IR8 Hildburghausen. As a general in the Reicharmee in 1757, he is a must make figure for me, so why not give him a regiment to lead.
David J had already painted up some master Austrian figures for me, which I have been trying to emulate, to the best of my ability. Four stands are painted up so far. The metal figures in the picture will complete another two stands, an NCO and a mounted colonel.I have added reigns and extended the horses mane, but still a bit to do.
This will probably be the final Austrian infantry regiment in my army. (I currently have 7 Austrian and 4 Hungarian regiments and a couple of Croat units). My Saxon and Reicharmee units can make up numbers for any bigger actions.  One more cuirassier, dragoon and hussar regiment will see the Austrians complete. They were the first 7YW army I started, so it will be nice to see them completed.

2 comments:

  1. Graham,

    You work miracles with the 40mm figures. They look the most difficult to convert.
    I am working on a new ADC in 30mm and that is a task, I doubt I could work 40mm as well as you do.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, that is praise indeed. My conversions are fairly basic, but once the collection has developed, I hope to have more time to focus on major conversions, and less time will be spent in painting regimental figures.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...