Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Saxony IR6 Prinz Karl Maximillan

Some progress make on this Saxon regiment with another couple of stands completed. I was contacted to say that the flags I have used are from a later period, but they have been so wonderfully painted by Mark A, and kindly gifted to me, that they need to be displayed.
I normally base a colour party with two musketeers in the front row, but having an excess of drummers in the metal mountain, I decided a different combination for this regiment.
The flags were quite fragile and I did not want to curve them too much in fear of damaging the paint. Hence the “flat” effect and the fact that they are blowing in the opposite directions. Gusty winds blow  in all directions in Saxony, down the Elbe 😉. Still it shows them off well.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice!! and those flags.... wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'Day Graham, the flags look bonny, I hope the standard bearers can hold onto them in those gusty Saxon winds. As a matter of interest, what are they made off? Cheers Greg (Delta Coy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graham all looking very good and the standards ( late or not) are certainly enough inspiration to get painting the figures. I’m looking forward to doing some more Saxons when the new mould is made

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massed drummers and beautiful flags....what every regiment needs!

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...