Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Another diversion

This week I have focused on 54mm. I picked up some very battered Britains lead guardsmen.
First I stripped off the paint. Boiling water and bicarbonate of soda and a nail brush brings the original metal back. I then cut the arms which are cast close to the body, and re-soldered them to give a swinging effect. Added a chin strap with milliput and bulked out the arms. Finally a Matt repaint with Vallejo and gloss shoes. The base is painted using Pelikan plaka paint (yellow ochre), which is made in Germany and hard to get hold of right now. Finally a sprinkling of sea sand on the base to finish the figures.


Also back to the 3D printer, printing 28mm regimental tents.
They have come out very well. These are for my fellow Wargamer Stuart I who needs a dozen of them. I can only assume he wants to set up a Boy Scouts summer camp display to celebrate Baden Powell. I may try some in 40mm for a 7YW camp scene.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent job on the Britains Guardsmen, they have really come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on those old Britains, lovely to see them back to their full glory. The tent looks very nice as well, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guards look great - a sterling job on the painting too.

    The tents are prefect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear all these diversions! Very nice though and good to see the printer back in use

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...