Saturday, March 14, 2020

Holiday update

Not much to report of late as I am currently at our appt in Tenerife.
The whole island has just gone into lockdown with the usual panic buying of loo roll and essentials.
Not allowed to use the community pool, but we just go to the beach.
Brought some of Barry Hilton’s Warfare miniatures to paint. I really like this range and I am building a small Malborough period British army using his Russians, with the moustaches removed and powder horns cut away. In my view they are the best figures for this period.
So I am painting away on my patio, sun out, so life could be worse, but the paint dries bloody quickly so you have to work fast! I have a local art shop a few miles away at Los Cristianos which stocks the best Vallejo range I have ever seen. This shop is a treasure, and far better than any UK art shop I have used. The guy is very proud of his business and I like to support him.
If we go into full lock down I have at least 4 weeks supply of figures, so everything is sorted. Must check the food and drink situation  as well .😀😀
Hasta Luego



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your holiday sir! A nice place to spend in these virus laden times, better than a dark and dreich Invergordon!!

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...