Monday, February 17, 2020

More naval matters

A bit more work on my ship project this weekend. Finished the second sea baseboard and will make a start on the land boards this week. My Prusa 3D printer should arrive this weekend, which should allow me to print some fortifications and dockyard pieces. A 28mm scale print should still work ok for 40mm. (S&S are small scale 40mm). Stuart is coming this weekend and I am sure he will set me off in yet another direction!
Beginning to enjoy this project, don’t know where it will lead.









2 comments:

  1. Seeing the two ships together makes for a very impressive picture, they look absolutely superb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donnie. I bought the two ships from a local antique shop.
    I think they are from a range of vessels made in the far east. I could never have afforded the time to make these with the same level of details. They cost a bit, but I am really pleased, and they give me pleasure just looking at them. One of my better buys. I have bought so much stuff over the years at wargame shows that I later regret. But not this

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...