Thursday, December 26, 2019

Brabant: Hildburghausen in command

Today I had the opportunity to browse through one of my must have books, which was under the Xmas tree. Having spent much of 2019 working on my French army, this particular volume focussing on 1757 and the run up to Rossbach is particularly valuable and a great read. One factor that comes out is the poor discipline of the French troops and the lack of interest and resolve of the lower rank French officers, usually the younger sons of lesser aristocrats with little interest in their profession.
I look forward to more in depth read over the next few days.  Not a cheap buy, but essential reading material for all 7YW buffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...