Friday, October 4, 2019

Reicharmee - Prince Zweybrucken

With the release of the new Neil Cogswell book "Zweybrucken in Command", published by Helion, I decided to convert a command figure to lead by small but growing Reicharmee.
John Ray has made a superb figure, which appeared recently on his blog.
I decided to add an officer of the Zweybrucken regiment, carrying the regimental standard, as I do for most command vignettes. Kronoscaf say they have no information on the uniform of officers of this regiment, so I based the coats on the illustration that they provide for musketeers, with a little artistic licence. The colour is based on the Kronoscaf artwork.
Prince Zweybrucken wears a uniform based on the French model, using the painting of him in the book as a source.






5 comments:

  1. Graham,

    I like that 2 piece vignette, nice conversion. Like you I have the flag painted by Mark and mine is set on a 2 piece command vignette.
    Blue with red lapels and white small clothes seems to be correct.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have done you a disservice in that you may have painted the flag, if so you have done an excellent paintjob.
    Looking at my MA flag the wording was omitted. Not sure why......
    John
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I actually painted this flag. MA normally does my flagwork, he cannot be bettered, but I usually send him a batch to do at the one time, and this was a one off, so I gave it a shot

      Delete
  3. Well Graham, I doubt you need to order anymore from MA if you can paint such flags.
    I am however intrigued why MA missed the motto off my flag, an error or information from his wonderful library.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham,
    Excellent vignette and like John commented a superb flag it appears your trip has certainly reinvigorated you

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...