Thursday, October 17, 2019

Broglie & The Auvergne reg.

Some of you may have already seen these images as I posted them on the 40mm forum and The Seven Years war forum.
I needed a new French command vignette, and inspired by my recent German trip, I decided to do Broglie with some staff. I like to give each command base a unique flag, as per AMG, in this case, I googled the Broglie family crest and used it. All figures are S&S converts.




 I also managed to complete my Reg Auvergne this week. Those facings are such an attractive colour, it is a must have unit. They had 4 btns in the SYW, so I have created a big unit of 12 bases, with an officer, colonel command base, nco and btn gun. A total of 55 figures including the casualty.




Glad to get this unit completed, bringing my French infantry regimental strength up to 11 units.
On to Reg. Diesbach now, looking forward to painting some red tunics being a Swiss regiment.
As they were a 2 btn regiment I will paint up 7 bases of 4 figures to represent them. MA has already painted the colours whcih look fabulous

1 comment:

  1. Very nice vignette and painting on the regiment you have been incredibly busy !
    I'm still playing catch up on your German trip

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...