Friday, May 17, 2019

Bits and Bobs

Not much to report this week really. Progress has been a bit patchy with reality getting in the way of hobby stuff.  I have been working on IR8 Hildburghausen, the colour party is below. Still a couple of bases to complete yet, and not sure if I will do grenadier bases to go with the regiment.
For a change, I downloaded the flags from Kronoscaf, cropped them to scale, stuck them on a strip of tin then painted over them. Quite pleased, but not in the same league as MA's flags.


I also cast up some samples of Graham's new secret weapon, computer generated Prussians.
They are fabulous, great detail and I am looking forward to painting them up. The castings below are scaled to 40mm. I plan to paint up IR1 Winterfeldt using these troops. They actually fit 6 to a 45x50mm base and look quite fantastic. The spacings between figures looks very realistic.
Smaller scale figures can often look too far apart on a base.
So a 54 man regiment, including grenadiers, with additional NCO, and officers is the plan.

1 comment:

  1. Graham,
    The castings look great can't wait to see the samples you've sent 😀 I see project 40mm has just taken a leap forward thankyou

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...