Monday, July 20, 2020

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant.

This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wait so long. Charles has done us proud with this latest volume. Packed with enticing small actions, great narrative and superb artwork from Arno Stoerkel who many will remember from the old A Military Gentleman forum.
In my view this could be the best volume to date, and I cannot wait to read the actions and plan my next trip to Germany and view them “in the flesh”.
Remarkable how many actions were fought around walled cities. I must address this issue and produce some city walls for the table.


Oops sorry about the photos. You may need to stand on your head ! Well worth the effort.

1 comment:

  1. I did try to make comment earlier but new blogger seemed to stop me!
    Definitely the best so far with more to look forward to in volume 9

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...