Tuesday, June 9, 2020

A mixed bag

A mixed bag of figure painting in the last few days.
I have finished my 30mm Phoenix Scots Guards unit by finishing the band, although still some pipers to do.


The pipers in particular show up the detail very well. I have used the later version of the Scots Guards   Pipers which wears the bonnet, rather than the earlier version with glengarry.

The “western front” is currently on furlough, and I have gone back to my Saxon army and I am currently working on IR6 Prinz Maximilian.
This unit will eventually have 7 bases of musketeers and 2 grenadier bases.

Finally I still have concerns with the new blogger, and in particular losing the link with the AMG blog. John did mention considering bringing back his wonderful forum, which has become part of wargaming folklore for 18th century buffs. It took a lot of work to run, but possibly it could be revived on a part time basis, say only open at weekends or limited membership. Anyway, we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work on the 30mm and the Saxons are cracking, great uniform.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...