Friday, April 3, 2020

On the bench this weeked

The 40mm Vauban fort is making progress with the second bastion due to be completed this weekend. At best it is possible to print one section per day, so it is a long job, but the results should be fabulous.

I changed the colour of the PVA from cream to grey last week, which shows the progress made.

Last year I purchased a batch of 40mm Sash and Sabre pirate guns from Old Glory. They were kind enough to just send me the guns without the pirate gunners. These were purchased with the Vauban fort in mind, so this weekend I intend to assemble the first gun and convert some crew.
I have always enjoyed the artwork of  Eugene Leliepvre, (he illustrated the Osprey French 7YW books), and I want to create a French artillery unit based on his artwork below.
I think it will make a splendid addition to the fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...