Friday, April 17, 2020

An old favourite

Yesterday while searching my lead mountain for suitable conversions, I came across an old Phoenix casting which must be well over 40 years old and which I bought in the 1970’s.
This must be an early version as it holds a Lee Enfield rifle. The later models had the SLR.
Painted it up last night and I was pleasantly surprised at the result and the quality of the sculpt.
I think it was sculpted by Tim Richards. Phoenix were probably more we’ll known for their famous (infamous) range of buxom beauties “the Phoenix follies). They were more successful with dolls house furniture, which was a bigger market, but I did like the 30mm range.
More info on the history of Phoenix in the link below.
http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Category:Phoenix_Models


From left to right.
Phoenix 30mm, Warfare Miniatures, Perry, Crann Tara, Willie.
Some of the best figures produced in my view and Phoenix compares with the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...