Sunday, January 26, 2020

Hanoverian IR 2a Von Sporcken

Hanoverian IR2 Von Sporcken starts recruitment with the first three bases completed
A single btn regiment, I am unsure whether just to add one more base or increase to seven.
The jury is still out, but I feel that two colours is too much for a four base unit.
In my Prussian and Austrian armies, a two btn regiment is represented by seven bases of musketeers.
 The officer will become an ADC. He is more appropriate for court, rather than leading the line.
The undercoat spray bubbled up, so the paint finish is not as smooth as I would have liked

Although I enjoyed converting the officer, there have been comments on the anatomy and the chunky legs, which is a characteristic of S@S figures. In an attempt to achieve future perfection, I have cast some filed down dollies in various positions . This should give the collection much more variety in style as it grows, and I find time to convert more vignettes instead of building full regiments.
The dollies will be much easier to add milliput.


1 comment:

  1. Great start to your Hanoverian army, they do have some lovely uniforms, just that bit different from the British. Lokking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...