Saturday, July 20, 2019

Regiment Champagne joins the French army

Today I completed the painting of Regiment Champagne, the 8th French regiment I have completed for my Western front campaign scheduled for 2020.
Champagne was a large 4 btn regiment, so to reflect this I have given the unit 12 basis instead of the standard seven bases. I will probably add more grenadiers and a btn gun in due course. The colours were relatively simple to paint, but quite effective.
The regiment fought in a number of major actions including Hastenbeck, Krefeld, Minden, Vellinghausen and Wilhelmstahl.




3 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed you do know how to bring the best out of these figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the French, not easy painting all that white but they look great.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...