Thursday, July 11, 2019

IR1 von Winterfeldt receive their colours.

Having been away on holiday, I apologise for not posting. But I have been busy on my vacation, and I have managed to paint up my first regiment, using the new 40mm figures from Crann Tara. These are not yet released, but Graham C has kindly given me some masters to play around with.
I wanted a "big regiment", so the final configuration is a 59 man regiment, with battalion gun to follow. This consists of 7x6 musketeer stands, 2 x 6 grenadier stands, 2 NCO's, 2 Officers and a Mounted colonel. The colonel is converted using one of the Crann tara foot officers.
The flags, as usual have been painted by master flagsman, Mark Allan. All my flags come from Mark, and his work is superb.

I present .... IR1 von Winterfeldt

I do like this style of 40mm. Smaller and more fine detail than other ranges, the scale is more accurate, and looks great en masse. They remind me of the old Stadden style figures, with a touch of "Willie" figures added.
Next up will be IR23, the paired grenadier battalion with IR1.
But a rest from Prussians first I think !


4 comments:

  1. Graham,
    You've done these figures proud. Really enjoying working with you on this project. Even if know one else wants them we will be happy 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Prussians, Graham. You have done a fine job on these. I look forward to seeing THIS collection flourish...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Graham. They deserve to be shown off en mass.

    ReplyDelete

Refighting History Volume 8

“The Seven Years War, Western Theatre, small actions”, by Charles Grant. This arrived today as a belated birthday present ! Why did I wa...